2022 Open Enrollment and Benefits Information
Medic is proud to offer a robust benefit package through Mecklenburg County to care for yourself and your loved ones. Last year, we had very little change in our benefit programs. For the upcoming year, we have a few areas of change that are important for your awareness.
We will continue to offer discounted premiums, so long as all of the wellness initiatives are completed by the deadline. As a reminder, the wellness rates equate to a $1000 annual savings with completion of all wellness initiatives.
What’s staying the same?
- Medical remains with BCBS, and CVS as our prescription drug provider
- Continue to offer PPO and High Deductible plans
- Dental remains with Cigna
- Continue to offer Standard and Enhanced plans
- Vision carrier is changing to EyeMed with 360
- Premiums will decrease for standard plan options and slightly increase for enhanced plan options
- Medical and dental premiums will slightly increase
- Basic life/short term disability carrier will transition to Unum
- Medic’s contribution to your HSA account will be:
- $500 Individual
- $1,000 Family
- Co-insurance increase for both plans and the prescription drug plan to 30%
More details surrounding these benefit program changes and how to complete wellness initiatives will be distributed through the LMS (annual HR benefits presentation) and can be found in the 2022 Medic Benefits Brochure-Final.
In order to receive discounted premiums for the 2022 year, the following items must be completed by Friday, October 22, 2021:
- COVID-19 vaccine or declination
- Flu vaccine or declination
- Completion of online Health Risk Assessment (HRA) through BCBS
- Completion of Open Enrollment elections
Open Enrollment will start Monday, September 27th and end on Friday, October 22nd. Full-time, benefit eligible employees must make open enrollment selections through the payroll portal.
Biometrics will not be required for wellness initiatives this year, however Medic has partnered with Catapult Health to provide an optional, free at-home biometric kit. This service allows for you to request an at-home kit to complete yourself, and to then receive confidential results. Although not required, the HR team encourages you to engage in this process to obtain your annual metrics, or to see your primary care provider to complete your annual wellness screening (free with both medical plan options). The link to request the at-home kit can be found here for BIOMETRICS. Having Medic insurance is not a requirement, but please have your medical ID card handy when requesting a kit if you are enrolled into our plans.
COVID-19 vaccine and flu vaccine are mandatory every year (medical and exemption request process still in place). To assist employees to obtain the flu shot, we will hold on-site clinics in the Outdoor Sound Stage from October 11th through October 14th. You must make an appointment to ensure proper spacing and wear appropriate PPE when on-site. Appointments can be made using the links below and should be scheduled no later than Friday, October 8th.
The online Health Risk Assessment through BCBS can be completed by logging into www.blueconnectnc.com. If you are not currently enrolled into our plan and will be joining for the 2022 year, you may complete this free online Health Risk Assessment and provide the notice of completion to HR at HumanResources@medic911.com.
Please feel free to contact the HR Team at HumanResources@medic911.com with any questions.