Medic is committed to compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Sharon Taulbert, Deputy Director of Professional Services, is the Agency’s Facility Privacy Director.
You can find detailed information on various policies related to HIPAA and Privacy by visiting the Employee Handbook.
Reporting Privacy Concerns
- You can raise your concerns without fear of being disciplined or terminated for doing the right thing. Just tell the truth, as you understand it. MEDIC policies prohibit disciplinary or retaliatory actions against employees who make good faith reports.
- Swift action is taken to investigate good faith reports of non-compliance. If errors are identified, corrective actions will be taken. Employees found in violation of our compliance policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Serious compliance violations may also result in criminal or monetary penalties.
There are multiple options for getting assistance with compliance questions or concerns. If you’re making a good faith report on a compliance concern, you’re protected.
If you think there may be a problem, you have the following options.
- Follow your chain of command
- Contact the Facility Privacy Director, Sharon Taulbert, at 704-943-6086 or email SharonT@medic911.com
- Contact the Corporate Privacy Department or the Customer Care Line at 704-355-8363
- Contact the Compliance HelpLine at 888-540-7247
- For IT Security issues, call the IT Support Center at 704-943-6111
Interested in learning more? Find additional information by clicking the links below.