SIREN SOS Helpful Links
Technical questions about connection or tablet please dial:
All tablets will have a file on the Start menu called “FAQ” that can be accessed by double clicking it. This will open a local page with instructions and steps on various issues you may come across. We encourage all users to look at this FAQ for answers to common questions. The document can be searched by using the key combination of “Ctrl F” for easy searchable words and quick access to specific topics.
COMMON PROBLEMS WE ARE SEEING:
These problems will be updated in real-time as problems arise.
My tickets disappeared!
If you restart the tablet and log in and your tickets are not visible see below:
1. Please ensure you close the Siren application properly and select "No" when asked if you want to delete unfinalized tickets so that your tickets show up when you log back in.
2. Finalized tickets have pushed to the server like they are supposed to (you no longer delete)
3. If they were un-finalized tickets – go to Menu>CAD List>Show All>and chose the correct ePCR to apply the CAD data to.
How do I pair my tablet and monitor?
**SIREN MUST BE CLOSED TO PAIR**
With Siren off, paring is done the same way as it always has been.
1. Turn monitor on and tablet on.
2. On the monitor, press the check mark.
3. Select “Other”.
4. Select “Bluetooth Devices”.
5. Select “Add Device”.
6. After your device is located, attempt to pair. Passcode can be whatever you choose; you just have to enter the same thing on the tablet that you entered on the monitor.
7. On the bottom right corner of the Getac, click “Add device” pop up.
8. Add the same pair code, as used in step 6, then click “Allow”.
9. Select “File transfer” on the monitor.
10. Acknowledge “Test Passed”.
Paired! Good Job!
My EKG transfer is taking too long!
The 12-lead EKG transfer is now taking 4-5 minutes. IT is looking into possible solutions.
My login credentials are not working!
For security purposes, login instructions were emailed to you directly. Call 704-943-6111 if you are having trouble.
My screen resolution messes up when I switch to tablet mode!
Please call 704-943-6111
How do I change out tablets and not lose my unfinalized tickets?
Menu>File>Exit>”Yes” to exit>Yes to unfinalized tickets
This could be previous calls not deleted (duplicate cad/accident opens). When signing in to new tablet, you must wait approx. 1-2 min and the tickets will appear.
- Assess/Plan>Procedures>Drug Therapy section, chart the amount/units AND waste amount/unit. Controlled Substance Wastage is how much medication will be wasted with a witness.
- Control Sub Lot#, is on the vial above the expiration date for Versed and Fentanyl
- After charting the dosage, while still in the Assess/Plan section, click the Additional Checks box. This will pull up the screen where Narcotic Box # must be entered. This is the red sticker the OST’s scan. ALL 6 DIGITS must be entered even if they start with zeros.
- When charting Fentanyl or Versed use, the treating paramedic must sign one of the following:
NO WASTE – “Zero Narcotic Waste”
YES WASTE – “Narcotic Waste” (will auto populate from Assess / Plan)
You must manually input Drug Used/does/ mg/mcg field. If you use both Versed and Fentanyl, you will chart both drugs given in this same box.
- “Witness – Narcotic Waste” will be completed every time you administer a narcotic regardless of waste or no waste. Drug / Amount field – enter the amount that is being wasted. If you are wasting both Versed and Fentanyl then input both amounts in this box.
Where do I enter patient belongings?
- There is a signature field “Receipt of Patient Belongings”
If you experience difficulties inserting or removing the battery, check to make sure the battery pull tab slide is in the correct position.