SIREN SOS Helpful Links
IT Questions: 704-943-6111 SirenQuestions@Medic911.com
Documentation Issues: Call 704-943-6226 to speak to an OA
IT has new tool called GoToAssist which allows them to remote into your tablet and troubleshoot your issues.
This page will be updated in real-time as solutions and problems are reported.
New Software Update being released on 9/26/19. Click here for details
Helpful Videos**NEW ADDITIONS**
- NET Necessity Documentation Tool Video
- Chief Complaint & Primary Impressions Video
- Regulatory Reporting & Ticket Finalization Video
- Change times in Assessment Plan
- Chief Complaint
- Overview about hardware (battery installation) Video
- Bluetooth Connection with new Dongle video
- Siren Cheat Sheet
Function F9 = turn off the touch pad
Right click undo – if you accidentally hit cancel after typing your narrative up (one time fix)
Press Func then ESC key = Back lit keyboard
All tablets will have a file on the Start menu called “FAQ” that can be accessed by double clicking it. This will open a local page with instructions and steps on various issues you may come across. We encourage all users to look at this FAQ for answers to common questions. The document can be searched by using the key combination of “Ctrl F” for easy searchable words and quick access to specific topics.
How do I change out tablets and not lose my unfinalized tickets?
Menu>File>Exit>”Yes” to exit>Yes to unfinalized tickets
This could be previous calls not deleted (duplicate cad/accident opens). When signing in to new tablet, you must wait approx. 1-2 min and the tickets will appear.
Where do I enter patient belongings?
- There is a signature field “Receipt of Patient Belongings”
If you experience difficulties inserting or removing the battery, check to make sure the battery pull tab slide is in the correct position.
IT is ready to deploy a new Bluetooth USB dongle on the tablets that will correct the Bluetooth issues we have been encountering:
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: It speeds up the ECG transfer speeds equivalent to what they were with Siren v3
- The USB Bluetooth device will plug into the back of the Getac tablet and shouldn't be removed
- Because of its location the USB latch cover for the ports in the back will be removed
- There will be no need to wait for the black screen countdown (60 secs) any longer
- No more disconnects after an extended period of time if no use
Power Door Hatches & Soft Handle Clips **RESOLVED**
- IT is observing a very large amount of damage to the power door hatch, therefore they will be removed from the units as soon as possible
- IT is also observing a lot of damage to the soft handle clips, the Getac units with this damage will start getting a hard handle installed to replace the soft units
My tickets disappeared!
If you restart the tablet and log in and your tickets are not visible see below:
1. Please ensure you close the Siren application properly and select "No" when asked if you want to delete unfinalized tickets so that your tickets show up when you log back in.
2. Finalized tickets have pushed to the server like they are supposed to (you no longer delete)
3. If they were un-finalized tickets – go to Menu>CAD List>Show All>and chose the correct ePCR to apply the CAD data to.
How do I pair my tablet and monitor? ***PLEASE DO SO AT THE BEGINING OF YOUR SHIFT**
**SIREN MUST BE CLOSED TO PAIR**
With Siren off, paring is done the same way as it always has been.
1. Turn monitor on and tablet on.
2. On the monitor, press the check mark.
3. Select “Other”.
4. Select “Bluetooth Devices”.
5. Select “Add Device”.
6. After your device is located, attempt to pair. Passcode can be whatever you choose; you just have to enter the same thing on the tablet that you entered on the monitor.
7. On the bottom right corner of the Getac, click “Add device” pop up.
8. Add the same pair code, as used in step 6, then click “Allow”.
9. Select “File transfer” on the monitor.
10. Acknowledge “Test Passed”.
Paired! Good Job!
My EKG transfer is taking too long! **Resolved**
The 12-lead EKG transfer is now taking 4-5 minutes. IT will be testing out a new bluetooth hardware to resolve this issue. More to come!
My login credentials are not working! **RESOLVED**
For security purposes, login instructions were emailed to you directly. Call 704-943-6111 if you are having trouble.
My screen resolution messes up when I switch to tablet mode! **RESOLVED**
Please call 704-943-6111