1. The first step is to submit your completed application online - You must turn in ALL the Required Documents along with your application in order to be considered for an Assessment Center.
2. Once your application process is complete and approved, you will be scheduled for an Assessment Center. You will receive an offiial invitation with instructions for preparation for the assessment center day.
The Assessment Center is an interviewing and selection process that includes five stations consisting of a panel interview, physical agility assessment (MEDPAT), trauma scenario, oral medical interview (including an ECG assessment for Paramedic applicants) and an electronic national standards exam. All candidates are evaluated at their highest level of training.
3. If we receive satisfactory results from your assessment center, we then make a conditional offer of employment. The offer is contingent upon the applicant passing a pre-placement health screening which consists of a drug test, hearing/vision test, TB test and Hepatitis B series. If there are no spots available, you will be placed on a waiting list for upcoming academies.
4. If the applicant successfully completes the pre-placement health screening their employment starts at the next new hire orientation.
5. Orientation runs for approximately six weeks. It is not held on weekends or Agency recognized holidays.
6. After the completion of New Hire Orientation, newly hired field employees will ride third person with a Field Training Officer for an approximate 8 week field internship before being released to their permanent shift.
2016 ASSESSMENT CENTER DATES
HOW TO APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
To be considered for employment, please click here to apply for an available position.
**EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, WE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT PAPER APPLICATIONS.**
HR Contact Information:
Brittany Scott, HR Recruiter
Mecklenburg EMS Agency
4525 Statesville Road
Charlotte, NC 28269